Job Description Summary
Provides objective impartial and unbiased opinions about the value of real property for a variety of clients and variety of intended users
Performs a variety of functions including comprehensive and detailed market research, report writing and creating complex financial models.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree, preferably in business, finance, real estate or economics
- 3 years experience appraising commercial real estate
- Good writing skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word and Argus
- Research and Analysis of property information
- Analyze data regarding comparable sales, listings and rentals
- Construct financial models including discounted cash flow
- Research benchmark rates of return including cap rates and discount rates
- Prepare appraisals and other consulting reports that can assist the client with decision making
- Inspect property and interview market participants
- Prepare highest and best use land and property studies
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company: Mueller Reports
Position: Staff Appraiser
Since 1980, Mueller Reports has been providing data collection and business intelligence solutions for insurance carriers and financial institutions. As a current leader in the industry, we are committed to delivering the most reliable information with the best possible time service.
About the Position:
The mortgage lending environment is in the midst of evolving from legacy products and processes, to a more streamlined model. For example, traditionally, residential appraisers have been responsible for physically inspecting homes that they are appraising. Based on changing policies and service level expectations, the appraiser of the future will rely upon an independent third-party to complete the physical inspection, while the appraiser focuses their energy on analysis and report development. This new bifurcated process, which has been successfully used in the context of Evaluations, will be broadly adopted in the forward origination space. For that reason, there’s no group that is better positioned to thrive and grow in this new environment than Mueller Reports.
- Provides desktop appraisal services for lending institutions in compliance with USPAP, as well as other applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Leverages core valuation skill sets and prior field experience as a real estate appraiser to accurately determine current market value of a given subject property.
- Continually develop knowledge of market trends and property values in the division’s lending area.
- Provide feedback to management for continuous improvement to appraisal systems and software.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Active Appraiser license or certification as required by state’s regulatory agency
- Be in good standing with the states in which appraiser is performing services
- Ability to analyze and reconcile real property data, draw sound conclusions, summarize and document results
- Ability to deliver clear and understandable results
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
Salary and Benefits:
- $50/hour, W-2 position with direct deposit
- Approximately 20 hours per week, dependent on volume
- Only desktop assignments
- No sitting in traffic or driving comps
- No physical inspections
- No consumer or client interaction
Braun & Associates, Inc. is currently hiring Certified Residential and Certified General Appraiser positions primarily in East Tennessee. We are looking for experienced appraisers that want to join a team to help streamline their process. Our office encourages strong team approach, education and the newest technology to help encourage appraisers to thrive in this competitive work environment. Education and other benefits available as well as support staff. Designations, Candidacy for Designation or other credentials, VA, FHA, HUD are all strongly recommended. We are looking for individuals that want to work with a team and that want to improve their education while increasing efficiencies!
Please send resume to Creighton Cross, MAI