The Tennessee Department of Transportation is currently hiring a Commercial Appraiser for our Project Development Office in East Tennessee. This position is located in Knoxville, Tennessee. The Department of Transportation provides citizens of Tennessee and travelers with one of the best transportation systems in the county. TDOT is a multi-modal agency with responsibilities in aviation, public transit, waterways, railroads, cycling, and walking.
Essential Job Duties:
Performs and/or reviews appraisal reports and cost estimates for the purpose of acquiring property for the Department of Transportation. Positions at this level perform appraisal assignments involving single family properties, strips of land and properties of considerable value and/or complexity.
Conducts review of appraisals for completeness, accuracy, consistency and compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), the Uniform Act and applicable State and Federal Laws and specifications.
Researches deeds and comparable property market data to obtain information that will be used in the review process.
Reviews appraisal analyses, judgements and conclusions in determining market value (including improvements, damages, and benefits of various tracts). Resolves appraisal issues identified through the review process in order to arrive at a reasonable value estimate.
Approves or denies the appraisal report.
Evaluates the appropriateness of the approaches utilized for market valuation and/or analysis of the subject property.
Conducts field inspections of properties and market area for valuation analysis.
Estimates cost of right of way acquisitions for project planning purposes by compiling researched market data to perform a cost estimate.
Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while overseeing various appraisal related tasks on high volumes of projects.
Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task with dedication to meeting project schedules.
Excellent coordination and communication skills.
Education and Experience:
Possession of an active Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License.
One year of general real property appraisal work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,396.00 to $67,860.00 /year
- Certified General Real Property Appraisal: 1 year (Required)
- Real Estate Appraiser (Required)
MUELLER REPORTS: STAFF APPRAISER – (We are doing reports in all 50 states so we onboard for them all. In TN we are in high need around Rhea county at the moment but we do work for all counties).
At Mueller Reports, our mission is clear; deliver the most reliable information with the best possible time service. Since 1980, Mueller Reports has been providing industry leading data collection and business intelligence solutions for insurance carriers and financial institutions by delivering the highest quality, customer service and technology to our clients.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY:
Mueller Reports is currently at the forefront of the mortgage industry’s evolution from legacy products and processes to a more streamlined model. Traditionally, residential appraisers have been responsible for physically inspecting the homes that they are appraising. Based on changing policies and service level expectations, the appraiser of the future will rely upon a qualified independent third-party to complete the physical inspection, while the appraiser focuses their energy on analysis and report development. Over time, as this new bifurcated process is broadly adapted, Mueller Reports will be central to this change. With investor/lender relationships in place and over 1,500 trained field staff, there is no group better positioned to thrive and grow in this new environment.
- Provide desktop appraisal services for lending institutions in compliance with USPAP, as well as any other applicable state/federal guidelines.
- Leverage core valuation skills sets and prior field experience as a real estate appraiser to accurately determine current market value of given subject property.
- Continually develop knowledge of market trends and property values in the divisions’ lending area.
- Provide feedback to management for continuous improvement to appraisal systems and software.
- Active state License or Certification
- Ability to complete appraisals independently, without supervising appraiser/mentor
- Good standing with states in which services are being performed
- Ability to analyze and reconcile real property data, draw sound conclusions, summarize and document results
- Ability to deliver clear and understandable finding
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with and completing desktop products
- Experience working from home/remotely
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR MUELLER
- Consistent volume
- Only desktop assignments
- No consumer or client interactions
- Ability to continue managing current clients